Every formal agreement established by the district to provide an in-kind program/service or supply a resource to enhance the scholastic achievement of students within the district. Corporations, organizations or individuals are welcome to partner with our schools or district to support and promote the district’s BluePrint 2020: Our Strategic Plan for Rebuilding Detroit’s Public Schools. Our partnership focus areas:
- Academic Achievement – Read to students, tutor, provide technical expertise, display student work
- Student Development/Citizenship – Mentoring, character education activities, sponsor contests, support student-led efforts, service learning
- College/Career Readiness – Offer job shadowing, internships, site visits, career fair or career day, career materials
- Student Incentives/Motivation – Sponsor contests in writing, art, math, science, etc., support student of the month or end of term/year student recognition programs, academic all-star program, create student scholarship program
- Support Families in Need – back to school fund drive, “angel” fund, afterschool scholarships, offer dental services
- Teacher/Staff Support or Recognition – Invite teachers to in-house training, seminars, provide job shadowing for teachers, provide food/supplies for recognition or training, establish teacher grant program.
- Support School Administrative or Building Functions – school committee work, fundraising, create school publications/communications, school cleanup, enhance the library or school environment, create parent center, etc.
- Other: TBD
- Partnership Application-Goals align with the District BluePrint 2020, Evaluation Metrics and the School’s Academic Focus
- Principal/Administrator Endorsement and Central Office Approvals
- MOU-Outline of Roles and Responsibilities of DPSCD and Partner
- Liability Insurance-Coverage according to DPSCD guidelines
- Background Screening-Cost is $64.50 per person. Any individual, company or organization that will be working with or around students is required to have a background check and the cost is the responsibility of the volunteer/mentor/partner. Third-party background screenings are
Thoroughly examine and investigate information provided in the application for validity.