Detroit Public Schools Community District employees have the opportunity to apply for competitive grants to support and enhance the educational experience of every student. Grant opportunities come from a wide variety of sources and can be used for supplemental classroom expenses and activities. The Department of Development and Partnership Grant Office is here to assist you with the tools you need to create winning grant submissions.
Easy Start Guidelines
- All grants must align with the District’s strategic plan, “Blueprint 2020: Our Strategic Plan for Rebuilding Detroit’s Public Schools.”
- Grant opportunities valued at more than $10,000 must be accompanied by a completed Grant Notification form. This form must be signed by the school principal and emailed, scanned, or faxed to the Grants Office for final approval.
- For awards that are valued at $10,000 or more, the staff member submitting the grant application must submit copies of the grant application, award letters, and reporting form to the Grants Office.
- Grant opportunities valued at less than $10,000 do not require a form, but must receive prior approval by the school principal to proceed.
- For awards that are valued at $10,000 or less, the staff member submitting the application must submit copies of all grant award letters to the Grants Office.
Our department will contact you to complete additional steps, if necessary.