Any activity aiming to solicit financial support or gather voluntary contributions of resources for a particular purpose or charity. Students, staff, parents and community members are welcome to sponsor fundraising activities with our school or district to support and promote the BluePrint 2020: The Strategic Plan for Rebuilding Detroit’s Public Schools.
- The Principal is the first person to approve all school fundraisers. The Principal Leader is the final approver of the fundraising activity.
- Fundraisers can be held before or after school, or on the weekends with prior approval. Fundraising activities are PROHIBITED during instructional time.
- Students may NOT engage in sales or solicit funds or anything of value for any purpose in any street, alley, or other public place or engage in house-to-house.
- The District has an evolving list of approved activities and an approved list of vendors.
- No employee or member of the sponsoring organization shall directly or indirectly profit personally from the fundraising activity.
Handling Funds and Necessary Forms
- All funds raised must be deposited in the school’s checking account and appropriate bookkeeping measures must be taken to record the source and future expenditures of the funds.
- Form A: Fundraising Activity and Form B: Fundraising Activity Profit and Loss Statement must be detailed and completed upon submission.
- These forms must be kept on file at the school and the Department of Development and Partnerships needs to receive a copy of each form for review and audit purposes.
- The initial signer is the principal and the principal leader has the final approval
- Complete and submit Form A and B
- Bookkeeping measures of the source and future expenditures of the funds.
Thoroughly examine and investigate information provided in the application for validity.